Soon the entire town will be (once again) transformed into a melting pot of art, music and other creative forces. The supply of music is simple overwhelming and that’s the reason why we have decided to create a little guide for you. Whether you want to use it, be inspired by it or simple discover Aarhus Festuge on your own hand is totally your call. No matter what we just hope you will use the opportunity to get out during the week and hopefully have some unforgettable moments!
First, I would like to serve you the hard facts. Aarhus Festuge will take place from August 29 – September 7. You can find the entire plan at the bottom!
Second, its time to look at the different musical perspectives you will be able to experience. As the opening act TV2 and Thomas Helmig have been invited to kickstart it all in Mindeparken. That said one of SOA’s all time favourites from Treefight For Sunlight will be playing at Radar at the same time. Remember when they were crammed into a sweater basement earlier this year – otherwise go see it HERE to get into the right mood before the concert!
The day after the opening you have to get those boots on again. Actually we have recommendations for the most days during the week so just keep them on and keep it festivalstyle all week long. On August 30, Headquarters will be hosting not only one but two mind-blowing gigs with Eerie Glue and The 1st. This also serves as an excellent opportunity to experience two new blooming talents.
Even though the main focus during Aarhus Festuge consists of local talent you will also be able to experience some major acts this year. On September 1st you should camp outside Atlas before Trio ft. Teitur, Jenny Wilson and Henriette Sennenvaldt conquers the stage. To be sure you have a space at the next big Trio concert in Aarhus, we suggest that you grab a couple of beers in the bar inside Atlas and stay there for two days. Just keep in mind to hide from the Atlas crew so they wont kick you outside. After two days of drinking in the bar at Atlas Trio ft. John Grant, Olaf Arnalds and Emiliana Torrini will be taking the stage. This could quite well be on of the must-see concerts at this years Festuge.
September 5 will be more of a chill-day with a lot of Jazz music. Not at all a bad thing if you had a couple of beers the days before. Hang out with a lot of jazz at Atlas all day or be prepared to show off your airguitar-moves with Velvet Volume at their Underland show at Amfiscenen. Last but not least you should chillout at night with the former Lydstrædeguys from November December. They will be supporting The Rumours Said Fire at night at Train.
This Underland will be another Must-see thing this year. A new collaboration festival created with the help from Danmarks Grimmeste Festival, Pop Revo and Flux Festival. They will be presenting a lot of different acts at Amfiscenen on September 6. Though this ends at midnight we suggest that you stop by Radar at eight, to have a party with local The Gang OK and Bottled In England.
What’s your must-see this year?!?
30. august 14.00 – 14.30 Kvindemuseet i Danmark: Lise Westzynthius
30. august 17.00 – 18.10 VoxHall: Smells Like Teens: Julias Moon + Lasse Meling (ONLY AGE 13-17)
30. august 20.30 – 23.30 Train: Under Byen
30. august 21.00 – 22.00 Musikhuset Aarhus, Lille Sal: Snorre Kirk
30. august 21.30 – 23.55 Gyngen: Travelling Tribes
30. august 22.15 – 23.00 HeadQuarters: Eerie Glue
30. august 23.00 – 00.00 HeadQuarters: The 1st
31. august 19.30 – 21.00 Christianskirken: Jonas Petersen (Hymns from Nineveh) solo
1. september 20.00 – 22.30 Atlas: Trio feat. Teitur, Jenny Wilson og Henriette Sennenvaldt
2. september 20.00 – 23.00 Aarhus Teater: Nils Frahm og The Cabin Project
3. september 17.00 – 18.00 Musikhuset Aarhus, Rytmisk Sal: Smells Like Teens: Go Go Berlin (ONLY AGE 13-17)
3. september 20.00 – 00.00 Radar: Jomi Massage/Martin Ryum
3. september 20.00 – 22.30 Atlas: Trio feat. John Grant, Ólöf Arnalds og Emilíana Torrini
4. september 17.00 – 18.00 Train: Smells Like Teens: Dúné
4. september 20.00 – 23.00 Train: Dúné
4. september 20.00 – 23.30 VoxHall: Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
4. september 20.00 – 21.00 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Moonface
4. september 20.00 – 22.00 Musikhuset, Rytmisk Sal Blood Sweat Drum + Bass, Mike Sheridan og Peter Knight
4. september 21.00 – 22.00 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Papir
4. september 22.00 – 23.00 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Narcosatanicos
4. september 23.00 – 00.00 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Urr
5. september 15.00 – 15.40 Atlas: Ujazz: Lonnie Holley og Jim White
5. september 15.50 – 16.20 Atlas: Ujazz: Gustaf Ljunggren og Skúli Sverisson
5. september 16.00 – 00.00 Det Turkise Telt: Afenginn
5. september 16.30 – 17.00 Atlas: Ujazz: Diego Schissi og Peter Knight
5. september 17.10 – 17.55 Atlas: Ujazz: Girls in Airports feat. Jens Blendstrup
5. september 18.30 – 19.00 Atlas: Ujazz: Katrine Stochholm
5. september 18.30 – 19.15 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Velvet Volume
5. september 19.10 – 19.40 Atlas: Ujazz: Kim Myhr
5. september 19.50 – 20.50 Atlas: Ujazz: AlasNoAxis
5. september 20.00 – 20.45 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: I’ll Be Damned
5. september 20.30 – 23.30 Train: The Rumour Said Fire + support: NovemberDecember
5. september 21.20 – 22.05 Atlas: Ujazz: Bro/Knak
5. september 21.30 – 22.30 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Jonny Hefty & Jøden
5. september 22.15 – 22.35 Atlas: Ujazz: Yes Deer
5. september 22:45 – 23:35 Atlas: Ujazz: Goran Kajfes Subtropic Arkestra
6. september 14.00 – 15.00 HeadQuarters: Profession Reporter: Simon Lynge, Esther Maria og Mathilde Lunderskov
6. september 17.00 – 18.00 Train: Smells Like Teens: Ukendt Kunstner og S!vas (ONLY AGE 13-17)
6. september 20.00 – 02.00 Radar: Bottled in England + The Gang OK
6. september 20.00 – 22.30 Atlas: Trio feat. Broken Twin, Jesca Hoop og Nick Lowe
6. september 20.00 – 21.00 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Kevin Morby
6. september 21.00 – 22.00 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Holy Wave
6. september 21.30 – 23.30 Train: Ukendt Kunstner og S!vas
6. september 22.00 – 23.00 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Emma Acs
6. september 23.00 – 00.00 Amfiscenen, Musikhuset Aarhus: Underland: Al Lover
7. september 20.00 – 21.20 Aarhus Domkirke: Fallulah møder Drengekoret